Pastoral Care and Support
We care about you and your family! The following resources at St. Andrew’s are available to you:
- Reach a St. Andrew’s pastor on call at 651.762.9137
- Click here to contact a CYF Ministry Team member
- Click here to contact one of our pastors
- Click here to contact our Resource Counselor Heidi Lender at email@example.com.
- Need to chat? Looking for a counseling referral (including tele-health/web-based counseling)? Contact Heidi Lender, Resource Counselor, at 651.762.9155 or hlender@
saintandrews.org. Inquiries are confidential.
- For health-related questions, contact Dana Gabor, Faith Community Nurse, at 651.762.9106 or dana.gabor@
- The Crisis Text Line is a free, confidential support service for youth and adults. Text HOME to 741741.Mental Health Crisis Teams are available 24/7 to provide immediate support, intervention, and referrals via telephone or (if needed) in-person visits. Washington County: 651.275.7400; Ramsey County: 651.266.7900 (adults) or 651.266.7878 (children); Anoka County: 763.755.3801.NAMI Minnesota offers numerous resources for stress management and mental health at Mental Health Support and COVID-19.
Spiritual Care for Caregivers –Virtual Meetings
Meets the third Tuesday of every month, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. A community of support for caregivers, providing devotions and a warm, welcoming space to share the joys and pains of caregiving. Have your cup filled with love, prayer and the Holy Spirit. Contact Resource Counselor Heidi Lender at firstname.lastname@example.org, 651.762.9155 for an invitation to the virtual meetings.
Together in Grief – Monday evenings, 6:00 – 7:30 – Starting Mon., June 15
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church is introducing a new, virtual, facilitated support group for those who are experiencing the loss of loved ones. This will be an open support group – primarily focused on what members bring to share about how they are and where they are in their experiences. The group will be offered through the summer and will be lightly structured with an opening and closing. The hope for the group is that members will have an opportunity to share, listen, and support each other toward healing. Or, put another way, “To learn how to live,” as a member of a grief group once said.
Meetings will be held virtually on Monday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30. Meeting dates for the summer include: 6/15, 6/29, 7/13, 7/20, 8/3, 8/17, and 8/31. Cost for the entire summer session of 7 meetings is $20.
Group Facilitators are Pat and Lon Pardun who have facilitated a grief support in their church for the last few years. Pat is licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist and as an Alcohol and Drug Counselor. Lon has volunteer experience facilitating support groups. To learn more about the group please contact:
Pat Pardun at email@example.com or 651-433-2130
Use this link to register: https://connect.saintandrews.org/Arena/default.aspx?page=4112&event=126360
or contact Lisa Grundtner, St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-762-9117
HelpGuide: Coping with Grief and Loss
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/grief/coping-with-grief-and-loss.htm : Good information about grief and grief support resources.
Family Means Center for Grief & Loss
https://www.griefloss.org: Local center for grief support.
Growing Through Loss – Twin Cities South Suburban: https://www.growingthroughlosstcsouth.com/
Resources – Grief/Loss Groups including East Metro and Recommended reading.
Dealing With Stress
CDC Guide for Coping with Stress Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
Health Partners Tips: Coping with Stress
COVID-19 Well-Being Toolkit
MN Warmline, https://mentalhealthmn.org/sup
St. Paul Intergroup office is maintaining a list of Zoom links to ‘local’ meetings: https://www.aastpaul.org/?topic=8&article=111
Inner Peace Al-Anon group
Sunday Night Happy Joyous and Free Open AA Meeting: Zoom Meeting
Meeting starts at 7 PM.
Meeting ID: 976 9059 0237
One tap mobile
+19294362866,,97690590237# US (New York)
+13126266799,,97690590237# US (Chicago)